The change from traditional one-time licensing model to recurring revenue model can be challenging for a software vendor. Questions such as change in cash-flow, sales model and channel structure will require the management to create a new business model that supports this business model change. While the Cloud creates new opportunities the operational changes can be significant and thus need to be planned well in advance.
Transforming Your Business Model
The change from a traditional software business model to Cloud App business model will require a re-assessment of your long term vision, mission and go-to-market model. Based on our experience, many organizations lack a well-articulated and seamless next generation vision and as such are only scratching the surface of the potential that Cloud, Big Data and the proliferation of new device form factors presents. Equally companies are challenged with how to operationalize this new vision on a short term basis and how to lay the foundation transformation.
Objectives of Business Model Transformation Workshop
TELLUS Transformation Workshop is a highly interactive three-stage workshop model starting with a baseline situational assessment. The workshop will cover vision articulation, operational flow mapping, financial model, product platform strategy and a go-to-market gap analysis. The objective is to answer the question: ‘What do we mean by Next Generation and how we take that to market.’
Do you know the answer to following questions?
- What are the trends in your target market? Is there trend cross-over from adjacent markets?
- What is your vision of next generation solutions?
- How is your organization embracing Cloud, Big Data and mobility?
- Do you want to ensure that your channel partner’s business model is in alignment with your business model in the future?
- Do you want to define roles and responsibilities for your organization and the channel as well as end user organization?
- Do you have the needed information in marketing best practices?
- Live interviews by TELLUS representatives of the stakeholders in go-to-market.
- Preparation and facilitation of workshop by senior TELLUS consultant.
- Workshop summary report of pre-study, workshop and post-analysis phases.
- Business Model Transformation Canvas with gap analysis activities list.
- Education of best practices and approaches employed by other organizations and adjacent industries.
- Availability to resources and access to TELLUS Academy Learning Management System (LMS).
- Day 1: Workshop with Group Breakouts and Presentations
- Minimum Viable Product
- Target Market Segmentation and Buyer Profiles
- Operational Execution and Value-Chain Roles
- Financial Viability
- Day 2: Group Breakouts and Presentations
- Ecosystem Analysis
- Cost and Resourcing Considerations
- Gap Analysis and Key Activities
- Pre-workshop interviews and materials review
- 2-day onsite interactive workshop
- Post-workshop summary report and presentation of findings
- Summary of pre-study phase
- Workshop findings and decisions made
- TELLUS senior consultant analysis and recommendations
WHAT WE OFFER
We conduct ongoing ecosystem research for our clients to validate software product development plans and to ensure marketing and sales efforts are targeted to the right market segment.
We provide advisory services for software vendors and system integrators. Our long experience in working with hundreds of organizations and developing tens of solutions provides a solid background for our advisory services.
We provide different types of business workshops based on the need. We keep building new workshops based on the market need.
Our business execution packages are built based on TELLUS long experience in brining success to its clients in different go-to-market execution phases.
We have worked with Microsoft field organizations globally on different initiatives. Besides Microsoft, we work with independent software vendors (ISVs), system integrators, managed service providers delivering different types of educational solutions.