TELLUS International was founded on helping software companies (ISVs) to build distribution channels. We based the company on our prior success as CEOs for software companies and the experience we had built during the years. We have worked with tens of different software companies, from traditional enterprise software vendors to cloud native startups. We base our work on TELLUS methodology and its three steps: Value, Validation and Velocity.
Read also how we can help you to enter US markets.
Identifying an optimal channel partner
The change from a traditional software business model to Cloud App business model will require re-alignment of your channel strategy. Based on our experience, many organizations are struggling to identify the right type of channel partner. Our approach is to help to validate the right type of channel partner.
Validating your channel partner profile
Once a software vendor has identified an optimal channel profile, the assumptions need to be validated. This process provides the foundation for the software vendor to understand whether the solution value proposition has been defined in the right way and if the channel sees a benefit of the solution.
Do you know the answer to following questions?
- Do you have a need to optimize and analyze your current channel?
- Do you know how your optimal channel partner looks like in your cloud and App business?
- Do you want to ensure that your channel partners business model is in alignment with your business model?
- Do you want to have a better understanding on current best practices when building a channel?
- Do you want to define roles and responsibilities for your organization and the channel as well as end user organization?
- Do know how to manage channel conflicts in the cloud and App business?
- Do you have the needed information in channel marketing best practices? .
What you can expect from us?
- Ongoing guidance on best practices in channel development.
- Management support in setting an optimal channel strategy.
- Development of Go-to-market plans with execution strategy.
- Ongoing channel outreach with status reporting.
- Development of sales plans and forecasts with newly signed channel partners.
- Outreach lists created by TELLUS representatives.
- Execution of channel partner contracts with negotiations.
- Ongoing channel management.
- Availability to resources and access to TELLUS Academy Learning Management System (LMS). This portal includes educational sessions for channel development
Use of Tools
- Software Tools: Customer Relationship Management Strategy
- Building of channel lead lists
- Development of email campaigns
- Execution and monitoring of email campaigns
- Social Media Tools: Use of social tools
- Active outreach to influencers to introduce the solution
- Blogging on selected topics to create visibility for the software vendor
- Social media analytics and reporting
Event Planning and Participation
- Selection of events where the software vendor should participate
- Active outreach to setup meetings with potential channel partners
- Active participation in events with software vendor like expo participation
- Help with booth duties
- Facilitation of networking meetings
- Outreach to other expo vendors for potential collaboration