TELLUS International has worked with tens of non-US software companies with their US go-to-market strategy and execution including channel development. US market is the largest homogeneous market, but the rules of engagement are different to many other countries or regions. There are many aspects that a software vendor needs to plan and TELLUS executives know the US markets and ecosystems such as Microsoft. We have worked 10 years in the Microsoft ecosystem, building channels and helping companies from different parts of the world to enter US markets.
Identifying an optimal channel partner
The US markets are large and any software vendor entering the US markets will have to make selection of market segment to go after. This selection process is based on ecosystem analysis and channel validation process that TELLUS has done for tens of different companies. Microsoft ecosystem has more than 500.000 partners and any channel development efforts requires ecosystem analysis to ensure the right channel partner profile.
Validating your channel partner profile
Once a software vendor has identified an optimal channel profile, the assumptions need to be validated. This process provides the foundation for the software vendor to understand whether the solution value proposition has been defined in the right way and if the channel sees a benefit of the solution. We have worked in different Microsoft sub-ecosystems such as Dynamics ERP and CRM, SharePoint, Integration solutions (like BizTalk), Mobility solutions of different kinds etc.
Do you know the answer to following questions?
- Do you know how your solution fits in Microsoft ecosystem and what type of value proposition it provides to the channel?
- Do you know what type of channel partner you should go after?
- Do you know what geographical markets you should be focused on initially?
- Do you know who of the potential channel partners have skills in the vertical domain you want to focus on?
- Do you want to define roles and responsibilities for your organization and the channel as well as end user organization?
- Do you know what part of Microsoft organization you should work with to be able to align your solution with the rest of Microsoft technologies ?
- Do you know if your solution is aligned with current fiscal targets with Microsoft field people?
What you can expect from us?
- Ongoing guidance on best practices in channel development in Microsoft ecosystem.
- Management support in setting an optimal channel strategy in Microsoft ecosystem.
- Development of Go-to-Market plans with execution strategy.
- Ongoing channel outreach with status reporting.
- Development of sales plans and forecasts with newly signed channel partners.
- Outreach lists created by TELLUS representatives based on the channel profile.
- Execution of channel partner contracts with negotiations.
- Ongoing channel management.
- Availability to resources and access to TELLUS Academy Learning Management System (LMS).
Use of Tools
- Software Tools: Customer Relationship Management Strategy & Execution
- Building of channel lead lists within the Microsoft ecosystem
- Development of email campaigns using CRM tools
- Execution and monitoring of email campaigns using CRM tools
- Social Media Tools: Use of social tools
- Active outreach to influencers to introduce the solution
- Blogging on selected topics to create visibility for the software vendor
- Social media analytics and reporting
Event Planning and Participation
- Selection of events where the software vendor should participate
- Active outreach to setup meetings with potential channel partners
- Active participation in events with software vendor like expo participation
- Help with booth/expo duties
- Facilitation of networking meetings
- Outreach to other expo vendors for potential collaboration