The change from traditional one-time licensing model to recurring revenue model can be challenging for a software vendor. Questions such as change in cash-flow, sales model and channel structure will require the management to create a new business model that supports this business model change. While the Cloud creates new opportunities the operational changes can be significant and thus need to be planned well in advance.
Aligning your Channel
The change from a traditional software business model to Cloud App business model will require re-alignment of your channel strategy. Based on our experience, many organizations are struggling with channel alignment and TELLUS has built a workshop that helps software vendors to clarify current or new channels are formed and identifies the characteristics an optimal channel partner.
Objectives of Channel Workshop
TELLUS Channel Alignment Workshop is a highly interactive three-stage workshop model with channel capabilities assessment and review of channel development program to effectively align and execute with the optimal channel partner profile that has been defined during the workshop.
Do you know the answer to following questions?
- Do you have a need to optimize and analyze your current channel?
- Do you know how your optimal channel partner looks like in your cloud and App business?
- Do you want to ensure that your channel partners business model is in alignment with your business model?
- Do you want to have a better understanding on current best practices when building a channel?
- Do you want to define roles and responsibilities for your organization and the channel as well as end user organization?
- Do know how to manage channel conflicts in the cloud and App business?
- Do you have the needed information in channel marketing best practices? .
- Live interviews by TELLUS representatives of the stakeholders in channel development initiatives.
- Preparation and facilitation of workshop by senior TELLUS consultant.
- Workshop summary report of pre-study, workshop and post-analysis phases.
- Channel Business Model Canvas with activities list.
- Education of best practices in the channel development field when running a Cloud and App business.
- Availability to resources and access to TELLUS Academy Learning Management System (LMS).
- Day 1: Workshop with Group Breakouts and Presentations
- Channel Value
- Channel Partner Profile
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Financial Viability
- Day 2: Group Breakouts and Presentations
- Alignment Analysis
- Channel Program
- Key Activities
- Pre-workshop interviews and materials review
- 2-day onsite interactive workshop
- Post-workshop summary report and presentation of findings
- Summary of pre-study phase
- Workshop findings and decisions made
- TELLUS senior consultant analysis and recommendations
WHAT WE OFFER
We conduct ongoing ecosystem research for our clients to validate software product development plans and to ensure marketing and sales efforts are targeted to the right market segment.
We provide advisory services for software vendors and system integrators. Our long experience in working with hundreds of organizations and developing tens of solutions provides a solid background for our advisory services.
We provide different types of business workshops based on the need. We keep building new workshops based on the market need.
Our business execution packages are built based on TELLUS long experience in brining success to its clients in different go-to-market execution phases.
We have worked with Microsoft field organizations globally on different initiatives. Besides Microsoft, we work with independent software vendors (ISVs), system integrators, managed service providers delivering different types of educational solutions.