SOFTWARE COMMERCIALIZATION WORKSHOP
Software is part of our daily life. Organizations that did not start as software organizations have suddenly recognized that something built for internal use would benefit other organizations as well. The commercial software business is very different and the TELLUS software commercialization workshops focus on helping the organization in its intellectual property (IP) commercialization.
TELLUS Software Commercialization Workshop is a highly interactive three-stage workshop model. The workshop focuses on building a business model and a roadmap for a commercial software solution. The roadmap includes the definition of a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) that allows the organization to evaluate the business idea by reaching out to prospective customers. TELLUS uses industry-strength business modeling frameworks such as Business Model Canvas as part of the workshop delivery. The workshop can be either virtual or in-person.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Do you know what aspects to consider when building a software business?
- Do you know how to build an effective business model and what aspects need to be considered?
- Do you know how to build a product/solution roadmap to define a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- Do you know how to build a strong market segmentation strategy and what should be included in it?
- Do you want to define roles and responsibilities for your organization and across the value chain?
- Do you know how to identify potential gaps in your execution strategy?
- Do you know how to build an effective marketplace strategy?
- Do you know how to grow and manage a partner ecosystem?
- Live interviews by TELLUS representatives of the stakeholders in the initiative.
- Preparation and facilitation of workshop by senior TELLUS consultant.
- Use of modern digital collaboration tools in workshop execution.
- Workshop summary report of pre-study, workshop, and post-analysis phases.
- Value Canvas with value proposition hypothesis of the solution scenario or MVP.
- Business Model Canvas with activities list and potential execution gaps.
- Education of best practices in building a software business.